Bhoj Raj Gautam, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor of Physical Science
Office: Science and Technology Building (STB) 315
Phone: (910) 672-1653
Research Interests: Steady state and time resolved optical spectroscopy, charge and thermal transport in light harvesting materials, energy up-conversion in polymer and organic inorganic perovskites, polymer chemistry, material science and solid state physics
Ph.D., University of Utah, USA
M.S., Tribhuvan University, Nepal
B.S., Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Selected Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Near-Infrared Non-Fullerene Organic Solar Cells with High Efficient Charge Separation at a Small Driving Force, Li*, L. Zhong*, B. Gautam*, J.-D Lin, F.-P. Wu, Z.-Q. Jiang, Z.-G. Zhang, Z. Zhang, K. Gundogdu, Y. Li, and L.-S. Liao, Energy Environ. Sci., 10, 1610-1620 (2017). * contributed equally.
- Efficient Generation of Long-lived Triplet Excitons in 2D Hybrid Perovskite, R. Younts*, H.-S. Duan*, Gautam*, B. Saparov, J. Liu, C. Mongin, F. N. Castellano, D. B. Mitzi, K. Gundogdu, Adv. Mater. (2017). DOI: 10.1002/adma.201604278 * contributed equally.
- Efficient Charge Transfer and Fine-tuned Energy Level Alignment in a THF-Processed Fullerene-Free Organic Solar Cell That Yields 11.3% Efficiency, Zheng*, O. M. Awartani*, B. Gautam*, D. Liu, Y. Qin, W. Li, A. Bataller, K. Gundogdu, H. Ade, and J. Hou, Adv. Mater. (2016). DOI: 10.1002/adma.201604241 * contributed equally.
- Fast charge separation in a non-fullerene organic solar cell with a small driving force, J. Liu, S. Chen, D. Qian, B. Gautam, G. Yang, J. Zhao, J. Bergqvist, F. Zhang, W. Ma, H. Ade, O. Inganäs, K. Gundogdu, F. Gao and H. Yan, Nature Energy 1, 16089 (2016).
- Charge generation dynamics in efficient all-polymer solar cells: Influence of polymer packing and morphology, B. R. Gautam, C. Lee, R. Younts, W. Lee, E. Danilov, B. J. Kim, and K. Gundogdu, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 7, 27586 (2015).
- Charge photogeneration in organic photovoltaics: Role of hot versus cold charge transfer excitons, R. Gautam, R. Younts, W. Li, L. Yan, E. Danilov, E. Klump, I. Constantinou, F. So, W. You, H. Ade, and K Gundogdu, Adv. Energy Mater. 1501032 (2015). Front cover of Journal
- Direct optical observation of stimulated emission from hot charge transfer excitons in bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells, R. Gautam, A. Barrette, C. Mai, L. Yan, Q. Zhang, E. Danilov, W. You, H. Ade, and Kenan Gundogdu, J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 19697–19702 (2015).
- Short-lived charge-transfer excitons in organic photovoltaic cells studied by high-field magneto-photocurrent, A.H. Devir-Wolfman*, B. Khachatryan*, R. Gautam*, L. Tzabary, A. Keren, N. Tessler, Z. V. Vardeny, and E., Nat. Commun., 5, 4529 (2014). * contributed equally.
- Magnetic field effect spectroscopy of C60-based films and devices which lack hyperfine interaction, R. Gautam, T. D. Nguyen, E. Ehrenfreund, and Z. V. Vardeny, J. Appl. Phys., 113,143102 (2013).
- Spin-enhanced organic bulk heterojunction photovoltaic solar cells, Y. Zhang, T.P. Basel, R. Gautam, X. Yang, D.J. Mascaro, F. Liu, Z.V. Vardeny, Nat. Commun. 3, 1043 (2012).
- Magnetic field effect on excited state spectroscopies in organic semiconductor films, R Gautam, T. D. Nguyen, E. Ehrenfreund, and Z. V. Vardeny, Phys. Rev. B 85, 205207 (2012).
- Magnetoconductance response in unipolar and bipolar organic diodes at ultrasmall fields, T. D. Nguyen, R. Gautam, E. Ehrenfreund, and Z. V. Vardeny, Phys. Rev. Lett., 105, 166804 (2010).