The Bridge Builders’ Program is a career exploration mentorship initiative. The program is named after a poem written by William Allen Dromgoole “The Bridge Builder”. The poem shares the story of an old traveler crossing a dangerous river. Despite never having to go that way again, he builds a bridge to help less experienced travelers pass safely. It’s in this spirit that, The Bridge Builders’ Program ask you to help build bridges for FSU students.
As a Bridge Builder, you will accept one to three students as protégées, teaching them the soft skills needed to advance as a professional in your career field in addition too, helping them understand the role that education plays in their professional life.
Bridge Builder Requirements:
- You must have a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Complete a background check (if not employed by FSU).
- Be employed as a career professional or Own/Operate your own business.
- Be willing to meet with your protégées at least three times during the semester (approximately once a month)
- Attend at least 4 Bridge Builder events throughout the academic year.
- This program is open to professionals outside of FSU.
For more information and to sign-up:
- visit https://uncfsu.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/bbmp
- Create a New Handshake Account as a Mentor
And We Will Do The Rest…
Dr. Gerald L. Mitchell, Jr., Ed.D.
Associate Dean of University College
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301